Have you guessed it right, nurses?
It was Prince Philip who made the statement, “The Philippines must be half empty – you’re all here running the NHS” regarding Filipino Nurses and the Philippines during his visit at Luton and Dunstable Hospital where he unveiled a £5.5m cardiac centre. It was because a lot of Filipino nurses can be observed working within the hospital.
The Filipino nurse on the other hand, accepted it in good humour even the hospital itself treated the visit as “hugely motivational.”
…Because at an age of 91 years, this is just another and the latest among his long line of politically incorrect statements over the years.
Below are just one of his many statements:
- [to a police officer] – He made a remark of getting hime arrested if he unzipped the dress of a young, blonde council staffer who greeted him during a royal visit.
- [to a Scottish driving instructor] – “How do you keep the natives off the booze long enough to get them through the test?”
- [to an indigenous leader, William Brin] – “Do you still throw spears at each other?”
- [to British students during his visit to China] – “If you stay here much longer, you’ll all be slitty-eyed”.
- [to an islander in Cayman Islands] – “Aren’t most of you descended from pirates?”