Paypal Sign up and Email Confirmation
1. Sign up
In signing up, be meticulous in filling up your address since this should match to your EON card’s address for your withdrawals in the future.
2. Email asking you to activate your account
3. Link your bank account with your paypal account / credit card / debit card. You can do this through your account profile page.
I recommend debit card (EON Unionbank account) because it is the easiest and what most people are using.
Below are the requirements you need to take note when going to your nearest Unionbank Branch to apply for EON Visa Debit Card
Photocopies of two (2) valid ID
- Please take note that during the Face-to-Face validation at the Branch, UnionBank reserves the right to require customers to present more than one valid ID to positively establish identity.
- Present your Tax Identification Number (TIN)
- Present your Social Security System (SSS) number or Government Service Insurance System (GSIS) number
- For existing UnionBank accountholders who wish to open an EON account, please present at least one (1) valid ID from the list below and your UnionBank account number.
Here are the list of acceptable IDs in the order of the bank’s preference:
Permit to Carry Firearms
New Social Security System (SSS) card
Government Services Insurance System (GSIS) e-card
Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) ID
New Tax Identification Number (TIN)
National Statistics Office (NSO) authenticated Birth Certificate
NSO authenticated Marriage Certificate
Original and unexpired National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) clearance
Digitized Voter’s ID
Alien Certificate of Registration/Identity Card (I-Card)/Immigrant Certificate of Registration
Philippine Overseas Employment Association (POEA)/Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) Card
Government office ID (e.g. Armed Forces of the Philippines, Home Development Mutual Fund [HDMF] IDs)
Certification from the National Council for the Welfare of Disabled Persons (NCWDP)
PRA Special Resident Retiree Visa (SRRV) ID
Integrated Bar of the Philippines
Other valid IDs issued by private entities supervised and/or registered with SEC, BSP or IC (Insurance Commission)
Office of Senior Citizen Affairs (OSCA)/ Senior Citizen card
Card Postal ID
For Students who are beneficiaries of an OFW and who are not yet of voting age:
School IDs (With photo, signature and signed/attested by Head of School)
Study load or any proof of enrollment
Birth Certificate, Membership IDs in association within the school
The following identification documents must be submitted by the customer and must bear a recent photo and signature:
Passport issued by the country of citizenship with Visa duly stamped by the Immigration Bureau at the point of entry and any of the following:
ACR Identity Card (mandatory for resident aliens)
Special Resident Retiree Visa (mandatory for PRA-registered retirees)
Current Driver’s License
Social Security or National ID
- P350 for your first year annual fee
- Initial deposit of P110-150 (not required but recommended and if for paypal purposes because once you link your eon to your paypal for verification, the paypal will take P100 for your initial balance in paypal.) to start using your EON account.
After knowing the above info, now here’s what you need to do in setting up EON Visa Debit Card:
1. Apply first through online. Here is the link and click here.
Again be meticulous with your address. Changes with address can be made in Paypal but in EON, you only do it once.
2. A reference number will be sent after filling up everything both through email and text. Save it.
3. After receiving your reference number and completing the following requirements:
• Photocopy of your 2 valid Ids
• P350 for annual fee
• 110-150 for initial deposit
• Reference number
4. Go to the nearest branch present your reference number
5. The teller will guide you on the process
6. You will then pay and deposit your initial deposit
7. You can get your card immediately and change its pin through ATM machines right after you receive it
8. Set up an online account in visa. Go to Unionbank Webpage. At their homepage you can see thumbnails of their different accounts. Click Eon Cyber Account.
9. Fill up the necessary stuffs. Usually it will take two days until you can access your online account
10. Once your online account is up, you are ready to link it and verify your Paypal account